Sunday, April 23, 2017

First Miracle


According to the New Testament in the Bible, Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. This story always struck me as to how special Jesus must have been to change barrels and barrels of water into wine. I found these images online and paper pieced them into my layout. I drew the wine vats freehand and colored them with Tim Holtz Distressed Inks. I really enjoyed creating the shadows and shading with my Farber-Castell Big Brush Pens. Highlights were done with a UniBall white gel pen. This layout has Tim Holtz' Postale tissue paper in the background for texture. With the way the light is shinning, when I took the picture, it gives the sense that it is a stain glass window. I especially like juxtaposing this miracle with the quote by Jesus telling his disciples that "greater things than these shall you do".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.