Thursday, May 11, 2017

Coming Home


This Art Journal entry was an experiment using Lavinia Art work from the UK. I love her fantasy images, and purchased these two digital images to create this layout. I also purchased the stamps and will try this again once my stamps arrive. However, I could not wait, so I purchased a digital copy of the image and paper pieced it on my layout. It is an experiment with paper piecing, collage, and textured backgrounds. What I've learned from doing this layout is that my focal points need to stand out more. In this layout, I could have done that by making the background more monochromatic so that the house and the fairy could pop off of the page. The inspiration for this page was from Rach0113 Houses of Hope. Check her out, she really is talented and makes the most beautiful Art Journal pages, she's been an inspiration to me.

That is why this is a process, a learning process. I still wanted to post it and share with my blog community.

Materials used include Glossy Accents by Ranger to get the texture on the stepping stones. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the house, the fairy and the trees. The moon, Piggy lady, butterfly and birds were stickers from my stash. I also used Faber-Castell Big Brush Artist pens and Matt Gel to seal everything on the page. I still got some bleeding on my shadows on the hills...have to work on that...but all in all, it's an enchanted piece and I like it. What do you think?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.