Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Happy Birthday Daddy!


This past weekend I had the pleasure of working with my niece Kennedy in making this card. She picked the elements and colored them. I simply assisted her and taught her how to use some of my equipment including the Cricut Expressions to cut the die cut lettering, the Cuttlebug to make the die cut bird, Tim Holtz Scissors to fussy cutting the cupcakes. We found the red wagon on the Internet and printed it out and fussy cut it for the layout. I think the Birthday Card for her Daddy came out beautifully, and I know she is very proud of her creative talent to put a smile on his face when she finally delivers this very special card. 

It's wonderful to work with children who like to express themselves in the creative art room or studio. She enjoyed using lots of tools, colored pens, markers, coloring books and more. We even had a math lesson (shh!...she told me she does not like math) when she had to calculate the designed panel, the card size, and the elements to be sure everything will fit. So it was math with a ruler, fractions, and decimals...I'd like to think her math lesson was fun!

So let me publicly say, Kennedy, I enjoyed playing with you in my studio and you are welcomed anytime. 

Supplies and products used:

Tim Holtz - Crazy Birds (Stamps and Dies)
Tim Holtz - Blueprint Assortment (Stamps)
Cricut Expressions Die Cutter
Cuttlebug Die Cut and Embossing Machine
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Fossilized Amber
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Faded Jeans
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Wilted Violet
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Black Soot
Darice Stripe Embossing Folder 5 x 7
Strathmore Watercolor Paper Series 200
Recollections™ Foam Adhesive Squares 
Neenah Exact Index White 90 pound 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.