Saturday, May 20, 2017

Let's Play



This is a card I made to invite my niece to come play with me in my art studio. She has a proclivity for the creative arts and I wanted to share some techniques with her to give her a head start in Art Journaling or card making. I made this card using the LDRS (Little Darling Rubber Stamp) Creative set called Happy Birthday Critters. It comes with stamps and dies. On the first image, I stamped directly on the card. The second one, I stamped and then die cut it so I could have some dimension with the balloons. The third Panda Bear, I stamped and glued it down. I think I like the one stamped directly on the card the best...he is integrated into the scene. I think I would like to fussy cut them instead of using the die for this project in the future, because it looks so funny like they are just pasted there instead of being part of the scene like the fox on the Pogo stick. But I was just having fun, and it is all a learning process....we'll see in the next iteration. I just love these little critters.  I printed out the sentiment on my Brother Label maker and made a fish tail tag for it and used the same yellow orange polka dot patterned paper I used for the frame.

The die set comes with four critters, plus the balloons, hats and cake and sentiments. Since this was not a birthday card, I did not use them and created my own and just used three critters  for this project. I experimented with my Spectrum Noir glitter marker pens,  Wink of Stella glitter pens, and my Faber-Castell Pitt markers to make the grass on the bottom. Since it was alcohol based markers, I did not do my normal shading and pasting with gel matte medium. I will make this card again using my normal materials that will allow me to do more blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.