Friday, May 26, 2017

Sacred Places

Sacred Places
 This layout was made with my Lavinia Stamps. They are whimsical and otherworldly vibe kind of stamps. As you can see I also used a shimmery acrylic paint by Colour Arte Silks. This layout was inspired by Rach0113 on Youtube. The sentiment is my original but the idea for the layout was inspired by her entitled Secret Garden. I love crediting the source of my inspiration, as they deserve the acknowledgement and it is my way of saying thank you for teaching me something new. Inevitably, I will vary something to make the layout my own, but I am forever grateful to these talented artist for sharing their creativity with the world via Youtube.

I used my "go to" techniques of paper piecing, stamping, and coloring. I added texture to my background by using blues, greens, and purple. I added a white ghosting border to the houses and mushroom figures so that they would stand out. I used dimensional sticker flowers to the garden. The stone pathway is a stamp by Lavina Stamps. My next goal for this blog is to add a Youtube video to actually show you how I did these, it was so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.