Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Love Yourself First


I had so much fun creating this page...it's a perfect example of starting a project and at various stages you decide that its not worth saving...but you keep at it until you make it work. And I am so glad I did! I love the page. The background took on many iterations before ending up like this and I am happy with the results. It was a lesson on staying the course, because so many times I wanted  to chuck it and discard the development along the way...but I hung in there and began to see in my minds eye what I wanted to see there. I knew I wanted the young girl to be fashionable, and I wanted to give her a message to to love herself, so then the flowers began to bloom in my minds eye, and the quote was perfect.

Materials used:
  • Julie Nutting Cling Stamp: "Taylor"
  • Dylusions Paint: White linen
  • Tim Holtz Distressed ink: Carved Pumpkin
  • Martha Stewart Punch: Hearts
  • Liquidtex Light Modeling Paste Gel Medium
  • Liquidtex Matte Gel Medium
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Uni-ball Signo Broad Gel Pen White
  • Pigma Micron 03 Archival Ink Pen
  • Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
  • Faber-Castel Pitt Pen Big Brush: Deep Scarlet Red #219
  • Faber-Castel Pitt Artist en Big Brush: Black #199
  • ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze Lemondrop
  • Things from my stash: flower stamps, stencils, lettering, and scrap-booking papers, silver micro beads.

Here are some close ups of the two page spread.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.