Saturday, July 14, 2018

Frankly I don't care what others Say!


I added these characters to my stash a while back and looked forward to the opportunity to use them in my art journal layout.  The size of this Art Journal is 8 x 8".   I made it myself using Create 365 The Happy Planner Paper Punch and Gold Heart Rings. The Punch will create up to 11 holes that allow you to add and remove pages with ease. I love the idea of being able to separate my journal page from the spine and put it back. I can add dimension, embellishments and other techniques freely and it expands the possibilities beyond what a bound journal book permits. Although I still create in my bound journals, this just affords me a new kind of freedom. So I encourage you to check it out. You can create any size page you like.

This layout was inpired by a two page spread by Vicky Papaioannou. Here is a link to the original posting she did of her process on Youtube. I did not have all three of the character stamps, so I just colored one of them in two different colors.

I used Tim Holtz Distressed Oxide Inks by Ranger. There are several layers and I outlined the edges in Black and Vintage Photo.  I printed the sentiments on my Brother label maker and stamped the words "Frankly" and "Say" in Tim Holtz Cling Foam Stamps. This layout was a lot of fun to make. I learned a lot about how the Distressed Oxide Inks layer so beautifully.  The black splashes were done with black Gesso. I colored the characters distressed Oxide Ink and alcohol markers. I glued the characters and cloud comments down with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.

Here are some close ups of the work in progress:



Products I used:

Distressed Oxide Inks
  • Vintage Photo
  • Fire Brick Red
  • Peeled Paint
  • Spiced Marmalade
Tim Holtz - Hipster Rubber Stamps
Tim Holtz Framelits - Hipster Dies - Goat
Tim Holtz Framelits - Hipster Dies -Ostrich
Tim Holtz Framelits - Hipster Dies - Cat (not pictured here, but part of the set)
Tim Holtz Framelits - Hipster Dies - Bird (not pictured here, but part of the set)
Tim Holtz Cling Foam Stamps Uppercase
Tim Holtz Cling Foam Stamps Lowercase
Nuvo Drops Clear Glitter
Tombow Multipurpose Glue 
Create 365 The Happy Planner Big Paper Punch for Disc Bound System

Please feel free to use any of the links provided here to purchase your supplies on Amazon. I do receive a small commission which helps to support my Art Journaling work. It does not cost you anything additional to buy through theses links. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.