Saturday, July 14, 2018

Self Portrait Caricature - Dyan Reaveley Inspired Doodling in Black and White

Doodling in Black and White


This is another Art Journal layout in my new 8 x 8 spiral bound journal. I wanted to challenge myself to create something in Black and White. Last year I attended a trade show in Las Vegas and there was a caricature artist there who drew my picture. I scanned the image and converted it to a black and white image and used it as my focal point in this layout. This layout was inpsired by another artists on Youtube, and for the life of me, I cannot remember who, but the sentiment is not original, I did copy it, and substituted my own words for the Aspire to be... part. The metal embellishment is from a Tim Holtz collection. It was an evolution of the creative process. At some points along the way, I did not like the composition, and changed my mind a few times....but that is par for the course. After tweaking and retweaking I finally loved what I ended up with...so thank you Dyan Reaveley for your channel that inspired this work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.