Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happiness

Happiness 

This was a remake of the very first Art Journal Page I made over a year ago and ripped out the page from my journal because I thought I had made a mistake and (which I did, I closed the book before it was dry and the pages stuck together and ruined my work, that was a trial by fire! I was so upset, disappointed in myself! I had worked so hard on that page.) But it was a good lesson, that all mistake can be happy accidents and you can recover no matter how bad you think it is.  Here's a picture of what I ripped out...





These layouts were inspired by Vicky Papaioannou, a very talented artist whom I have learned a lot from by watching her videos. She is so very good at what she does. I simply adore all of her work.

Now, back to this work, entitled Happiness! How was it made. My initial attempt (the one I ripped out above) were made with flowers I cut out from the Internet and colored them with markers. I was happy with this layout seeing that it was my first attempt, even though it was a copy of what I saw Vicky do on her channel. But in the completed work above, I actually drew freehand the flowers! I was so happy that I had the courage to try this! And I was happy with the outcome. So I decided to title the page Happiness. I did not have a title before I completed the background of the page.

I learned that there are stages in the process of creating that is like a journey. At some points along the way, you may think that it is not going to turn out good, or that you are not happy with your progress, but you just have to have courage to continue to the end resting assured that what you end up with will be good, if not better than your original vision of what you wanted to create. All things happen for the good. This is a metaphor for life and for art journaling. It will all be OK! All mistakes are recoverable, just keep going, you are the creator and have the power to repaint, cover, bend, adjust, correct. The process may take turns that are unexpected from your original vision, but keep going, you just might surprise yourself and be very happy with the end result.

Materials used in this layout:

  • Golden Regular Gel Matte Medium
  • Liquitex Acrylic Gesso
  • Dylusions Paints: White Linen, Fresh Lime, Dirty Martini, Lemon Zest and Tangerine Dream
  • Microline Permanaent Markers
  • Faber-Castell Texture Gems Pearl White
  • Ranger White Embossing Powder
  • Faber-Castell Pitt Brush Markers
  • Tim Holtz idea-ology / Cling Foam Stamps Block Upper and Block Lower
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Vintage Photo and Mowed Lawn
  • Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Ultimate Grunge
  • Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
  • Uni-Ball White Gel Pen
  • Office Depot Date Stamp
Please post comments and tell me what you think of this latest page in my journal. I am still working on creating videos of my process to share on Youtube..stay tuned.

Create, Peace, Love and Soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.