I experimented with some new materials in making this page. It includes a mixed dry pigment ink with walnut stain that activates with water to give that striated variable background. Instead of activating it with water, I mixed it with Gel Matte Medium to apply to the page to give me a non-porous surface to work with for shading and other layers that I knew I wanted to create.
I stamped Summer on the page with Archival ink and sealed it so I could do the coloring without worrying about anything bleeding and spreading. I added detail to accentuate her curly hair and brown skin tones and added blush to her cheeks and rose to her lips. The sun is made out of Washi tape, and the small lettering I did on my Brother label maker. I simply coated it with Gel Matte medium so I could add color and a distressed border to each of the words and applied that to my layout with more gel matte medium so it would not peel off later. I skip a page when creating so that if I need to punch a hole in the page as I did with the colorful brads on the flowers it does not ruin the art on the previous page. The flowers were die cut and colored with distress ink.
Overall, I love Summer with her Bindi jeweled eye wear and pink lips. This is a happy page. She exudes confidence, beauty, is prayerful, and says "My future starts in the morning when I wake up and sees the light"
- Prima Marketing: Jamie Dougherty - Bloom Collection - Summer
- Paperartsy Fusions Coloured Stains: Lemoncello and Orange County
- Washi Tape
- Sheena Douglass Country Cottage Fanciful Fuchsia
- American Crafts: Remarks: Patchwork Letter and Number Sticker Book
- Wink of Stella Clear glitter brush
- Glossy Accents by Ranger
- Golden Regular Gel Matte Medium
- Liquitex Acrylic Gesso
- Microline Permanent Markers
- Faber-Castell Pitt Brush Markers
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Blueprint Sketch, Pickled Raspberry and Wilted Violet
- Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
- Uni-Ball White Gel Pen
- Office Depot Date Stamp