Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Home


This is a four page spread! My first! I call it Home. The sentiment: A house is made of bricks and beams. A home is made of hopes and dreams. I found this quote on the internet, so it is not original to me. I don't know who the author is, so if you are the author, kudos to you, leave me a comment below and I will be more than happy to post your name for credit.

This spread was inspired by Rach0113, her journal page: Home is Where the Heart Is. She has embedding disabled, so you can search for her channel and watch her techiques. I have not started making how to videos yet, so I just have stills here on my blog. They are coming, so please visit often to grow with me in this blog as I expand on my Art Journaling Journey.

On this page, I created four pages: Day and Night. On the left, is the sun with the day, each page has inspirational messages with the bike on the insert.  The inside houses flip to reveal the second half of the quote.  Here's a picture with the center page turned:


A short video of the center page being turned:


I used the following products:

Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Twisted Citron
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Mowed Lawn
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Seedless Preserves
Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Ink: Black Soot
Ranger Tim Hotlz Oxide Ink: Fired Brick
Ranger Tim Hotlz Oxide Ink: Fossilized Amber
Ranger Tim Hotlz Oxide Ink: Faded Jeans
Ranger Tim Hotlz Oxide Ink: Cracked Pistachio
Cricut Expressions
Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator (to draw the houses that I imported and cut with the Cricut)
Pentel White Gel Pen
Micron Fine Point Permanent Pen
Farber Castel Pitt Markers
Golden Matte Medium
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Word Bands
Ranger Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Collection Ink Spray, After Midnight
Ranger Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Collection Ink Spray, Calypso Teal
Ranger Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Collection Ink Spray, Tangerine Dream
Ranger Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Collection Ink Spray, Cherry Pie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.