Sunday, April 23, 2017

Project Title: Successful Women

Here is one of my first projects. After watching Vicky Papaioannou on Youtube for hours, I finally took the plunge. The Crazy Birds are stamps and die cuts from Tim Holtz. I fell in love with them when I watched Vicky do a journal page with them. Since I got them, I've made this page, used them in other pages, and cards. I think they are just hilarious. And one thing I like is to have fun images on my pages. While I did not copy this layout element for element, I did use the quote as the starting point for my inspiration.

What I did use from Vicky's design is the border. I thought that the black and white border on my mixed media backgrounds with the rich orange and yellow colors worked well. I had so much fun coloring those Crazy Birds! I used metalic water colors and Tim Holtz Distressed inks.  What I learned in this layout is the importance of working in layers, making sure each layer is sealed and dry to create a non porous surface to do shading and highlights. It was very satisfying to see all that I learned really worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.