Sunday, April 23, 2017

Shadow of His Wings


Inspiration

This layout is inspired by Psalm 91:4. I think the Psalms are so beautiful, there are many that inspire me and I am sure I'll make more layouts with them in the future. I found this image (to the left) in a Google search for "angel wings". In my mind's eye, I envisioned this big Angel's wing hovering over a person who needed protection. Thank you to the artist (unknown) who created this beautiful work.

Technique

In my layout I first used Ranger Postale tissue paper to get some texture on the page. I then used a was of Liquitex Gesso to push it to the background. When that dried, I used a combination of metalic acrylic paint in blue, green, white, and gold.

For the wing, I sculpted Liquitex Light Modeling Paste to get a three dimensional image of the wing and added white acrylic paint and glitter to make it glisten and sparkle. I used Tim Holtz Distressed Pint in Tea Dye to get the highlight on the wings and in the background.

My background is made with white, green, blue and Tea Dye. I cut the title with my Cricut machine and printed the verse with my printer and cut the strips after burnishing the edges with Ranger Distressed ink in the Twigs color. The white highlights were done with white acrylic paint.

Creating this layout was a meditative experience. When doing inspirational layouts, it is like being in the presence of Angels while making each little decision that makes up your design. It feels like co-creating with the Divine. It is wonderful and makes me happy.

With reflection on the practical and mundane level, I make note of the things I've learned and can improve upon for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.