Sunday, April 23, 2017

Your Calling


Here again I am using Tim Holtz Crazy Birds. I fussy cut the flowers as I did not have any die cut flowers to use. The inspiration for this page was a technique I watched Vicky Papaioannou do in one of her videos where she used 4 pages and glued them together. The black and white border is actually created on a separate page and the two inside pages are trimmed on the inside. Love it! I like the way the flowers are off of the page like the birds tail.

"The quote: The things you are passionate about are not random they are your calling." There are a lot of techniques going on here, splatters, stamps, Crazy Birds by Tim Holtz, White embossing powder, and white gel pen. I drew the branch the bird is sitting on using my Farber-Castell Big Brush Pens. I don't have them all, but a few collections were enough for me to get the shading that I wanted. Overall, I am happy with the way this layout turned out, a little grunge mixed with the feminine ...it puts a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.