Sunday, April 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Card

Inspiration

Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamp and die. It's spring time, and my daughter's birthday is always a special ocassion! So I created this card for her in spring colors with a flower, her initial and one of those crazy bird ladies. I paper pieced few embellishments and made a grungy happy birthday sentiment. All very feminine touches for a young woman starting a new career at 28. We all went to dinner to celebrate and she loved this card made with love from her Mom.

Techniques

I used Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock and Distressed inks that I diluted with water and applied with a watercolor brush to get the beautiful watercolor effect on the background. I had the center flower die in my stash and used the same colors on that before die cutting the center element. The green flower was embellished with a beautiful blue flower with pearls. I made this card in less than 30 minutes before taking the celebrant out to dinner! We had a marvelous time and she loved the card and the heartfelt sentiment that I wrote to her on the inside. A keepsake for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and subscribe to my blog. Let me know what you think of my art and if you have any questions. Thank you.